The main objective of the Scheme is to improve the quality of life of the Senior Citizens by providing basic amenities like shelter, food, medical care and entertainment opportunities and by encouraging productive and active ageing through providing support for capacity building of State/ UT Governments/Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)/Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) / local bodies and the community at large.
Assistance under the scheme will be given to the Implementing Agencies such as State/ UT Governments /Panchayati Raj Institutions / local bodies and eligible Non-Governmental/Voluntary Organizations etc. for the following purposes:-
- Programmes catering to the basic needs of Senior Citizens particularly food, shelter and health care to the destitute elderly
- Programmes to build and strengthen intergenerational relationships particularly between children / youth and Senior Citizens, through Regional Resource and Training Centres (RRTCs)
- Programmes for encouraging Active and Productive Ageing, through RRTCs
- Programmes for proving Institutional as well as Non-Institutional Care/ Services to Senior Citizens
- Research, Advocacy and Awareness building programmes in the field of Ageing through RRTC
For more details visit the web portal of Ministry of Social Justice,Govt. of India.
To apply online under the Integrated Programme for Older Persons, please visit e-ANUDAAN portal of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt of India
Improve quality of life by by providing basic amenities like shelter, food, medical care and entertainment opportunities